I found this great meme (maybe? I’m not 100% sure what it would qualify as… over at MegaMad4Books. Check it out and join in the fun!
1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
Nope. Well, I guess that’s not EXACTLY true. Depending on the driver, I will start feeling nauseous and light-headed when I read in a car for too long, but it never stops me! I just keep on reading!
2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
Rick Riordan. Hands down. I love how he combines the adventure with great characters, great morals, education, history, and humor! Rick can always make me laugh. Always.
3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
Harry Potter!!! How does that even qualify as a valid question?! Now, before y’all get all freaked out, I DID read the first Twilight. That was all.
1. The charachters are so complex and detailed, you can really relate to their experiences and emotions. It’s great.
2. Throughout the series, Jo teaches so many great morals. The characters are so strong, and Harry Potter truly teaches amazing things.
3. Everyone needs a touch of magic in there lives.
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is it in (besides books…)?
Not REALLY. I do typically carry a purse (just big enough for a book or two. Or three. Or sometimes I’ll just grab the book I’m most actively in the middle of and carry it around with me everywhere I go.
5. Do you smell your books?
Yes. Not obsessively, but I LOVE the new book smell.
6. Books with or without little illustrations?
I love books with the occasional pencil-drawn illustration, like the Work and the Glory series. LOVE the illustrations in there.
7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
Hmm… I KNOW there have been books like this, but I just can’t remember them right now.
8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
Hmm… I can’t really think of anything particularly FUNNY… I started reading when I was 5, and began Harry Potter when I was 6.
9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
What was the Name of Paul Revere’s Horse? : Twenty Questions about Paul Revere, Asked and Answered – By Patrick M. Leehey. I absolutely LOVED this book. Answers a lot of questions about Paul Revere, and debunks a lot of wide-spread myths about him.
10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix? I’m pretty sure.
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
No. I did when I was little, but no. I read, I don’t write.
12. When did you get into reading?
My mom’s been reading too me since I was a baby. As I stated above, I began reading on my own by the age of 5.
13. What is your favorite classic book?
Johnny Tremain – By Esther Forbes.
14. In school was your best subject Language Arts/English?
English. Because I got to read tons of books.
15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated…what would you do?
I would smile and say how awesome a present it was. Then I’d probably donate it.
16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
Divergent – By Veronica Roth. Legend – By Marie Lu. The False Prince – By Jennifer A. Nielsen. They’re not really hugely similar in the storylines or anything, but they’re definitely amazing.
18. What is your favorite word?
19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
I’d probably have to go with Nerd.
20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Fairies, I suppose. Because they’re better than vampires. And they’re actually cool in some of the books.
21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
In the paranormal fantasy sense? I’d go with neither.
22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Neither. I don’t read paranormal much. Not enough to have a real opinion.
23. Zombies or Vampires?
Again with the not reading Paranormal.
24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
If forced to pick, I’d go with Forbidden Love, simply because I hate love triangles so much.
25. AND FINALLY: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
Action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in. I’m not a full-on-romance person.
TAG, you’re it! Join the fun and leave your link to your post in the comments section! below.